IZOSELF POLYESTER is a tough preformed waterproofing membrane comprising a strong cross-laminated adhesive reinforced with fiberglass mat with superior mechanical properties and thick elastic self-adhesive SBS bitumen compound, it also incorporates a quick-release film to ensure clean adhesion
- Fast cold application in a primer substrate
- Peel & stick self-adhesive waterproofing systems
- Unaffected by corrosive salts and acids found in groundwater
- Good puncture resistance and tensile strength
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Tough cross-laminated film on the surface for better protection
- Thickness it comes in various thicknesses from 1.5mm to 4mm
- Waterproofing under tiles we areas, such as kitchen, bathroom, balconies, etc.
- Substructure waterproofing to areas subject to stress and movement
- Tanking water reservoirs and other liquid-retaining or liquid-excluding, structures
- Suitable also for roof waterproofing
- Waterproofing of sewage concrete manholes, chambers, etc.
Surface preparation concert shall be in place for seven days (minimum) after forms are removed and must be dry care should be taken so that surfaces to be waterproofed are completely clean dry, smooth level, and free from loose material. Any sharp protrusions such as nails, tying wire, etc. Must be removed and cracks, holes spilled and damaged surfaces filled and repaired. All external corners must be tampered with.
Priming all vertical and horizontal surfaces must be coated with izomaks primer applied with a brush or rolled at.
The rate of 200-300 gr/m2 depending on the porosity of the surface and allowed to dry completely
IZOSELF POLYESTER members are applied by positioning the roll over the area to be waterproofed and peeling the siliconized release film about the matter at a time while pressing the adhesive surface to the primed substrate. The membrane is pressed from the midpoint to the edges to expel any trapped air and to ensure good contact. The adjacent roll in positioned to overlap the fixed membrane by at least 80-100 mm along the edge. The selvage strip provided at the edge of the fixed membrane is then peeled back one meter at a time while fixing the second roll in the same manner as the first. End laps must be min 150-mm wide. All seams must be pressed from the top using a suitable seams roller to ensure total contact and continuity at the seams. Inspect the fixed membrane to ascertain that all joints are properly executed and all air is expelled from under the membrane.
Material stored at temperatures below 20 deg C should be left exposed to a warmer temperature for at least 24 hours ambient temperatures above 50 degC may give rise to difficulty in removing the release film. It will be better to wait until the temperature goes down.