IZOLATEX SBR is a one component Styrene butadiene rubber latex bonding agent. It is characterized with high bonding strength, water and chemical resistance IZOLATEX SBR mixing wuth cementitious admixtures it creates high adhesion to the substrate with superior elasticity. I permeability, and flexure resistance.
FIELD OF APPLICATION
IZOLATEX SBR (6-40) can apply for bonding of new to old concrete, tile bedding, basements, swimming pools, potable water tanks, sludge tank, internal and external wall, exposed and decoupled roofs, sealing and expansion and backing to marble and granite to prevent water ingress and surface staining, to protect from carbonation and chloride attack etc.
available in 5 Ltr. & 20 Ltr.
- Minimum thicknesses which can be apply by using IZOLATEX SBR (6-40) mm according to the nature and shape and size of the area which can repair. From the extremities of the application area to depth at least 10mm to avoid feather.
- The entire surface must be clean, sound and fire from dust and rust.
- Remove all laitance, oil and grease and all the loose particles.
- Remove all the excess or loose material by using a wire brush or treatment of broom.
- The surface must be prepared by mechanically scrubbing, brushing or blasting which will gives clean exposed concrete surface.
- Make sure all the surface must be cured by tap water till it reaches to saturated surface into dry conditions. However surface must be free from water.
IZOLATEX SBR complies with ASTM C 1059.
- Easily to use
- Excellent bonding strength and provide flexible mortars
- Excellent adhesion and realist salt and chemicals attack
- Reduces shrinkage and surface cracking
- Reduces water absorptions and water vapor transmission
- Environmentally friendly, long lasting
- Non toxic and chloride free. Suitable for contact with portable water
- Increase mortar wear resistance
- Improve abrasion and chemical resistant of mortar
Selection of materials:
Cement – cement must be ordinary Portland cement
Sand – should be washed and well grade
Aggregate – should be granite chips with the size of 3-6mm
Ratio of IZOLATEX SBR
10 Liter / 50 kg of cement
Standard mortar (sand:cement) 3:1
The surface should be throughly soaked with clean water let it dry.
A slurry bond should be prepared consisting of 1 volume IZOLATEX SBR TO 1 volume of clean water to 3 volumes OPC cement. Mixing with a low speed mixing minimum (2-3) minutes are requiring for stirrer until a uniform consistency is achieved that can apply stiff brush, roller or trowel. Make sure entire surface must be primed, no pinhole are visible. Do not thick coat more than 2 mins, if second coat is necessary previous coat must be completely dry and second coat mus be perpendicular to the first coat.
|SLURRY BOND BY VOLUME %
|PATCHING AND REPAIR MORTAR
|AGGREGATE 3-6 mm